I decided to try my hand at hand dying silk thread. It took a lot of searching to find the quality of silk that I wanted to use. This is reeled silk, and it's probably close to a size 10 cordonnet, this silk is also 6 ply. So far I've managed 2 small skeins. These haven't been rinsed yet so they are still really vibrant. I redyed the red in both skeins to try and retain as much color as I can.
They're rinsed now and I'm waiting for them to dry to take new pics. I tangled them up pretty badly, especially that last one so I'm hoping when they dry I can unmangle them! I think the white between the red and blue is going to be pink! Oops!